Kayak Canoe Alabama

Thursday, June 24, 2004

Blue Gill to Causeway Workout

Wednesday, June 23, 2004 brint.adams@us.army.mil

This is a fast, straight course along the Causeway, easily accessed from Mobile or Baldwin County. I started from the newly cleared site of the old Riverdoc's located on the north side of the Causeway, just east of Ed's Seafood Shed. To get about a 4.5 mile workout course, I head east to Blue Gill's, turn and head back west. My time on the short out and back was 11:40. I continue west towards the interstate bridges and when I get to the shallow area, follow the buoys close to the Causeway. There are usually several fishermen along the highway in this area. When I get to the bridges, I cut underneath and continue between them until I am even with the Exxon station. This leg took me 18:37, at which time I took a short water break, with my watch paused. The return to Riverdoc's was an identical 18:37, for a total paddle time of 48:46. The water was very calm, no wind and a temp of about 80 degrees. As I first put in, there was a gator who looked me over, but as I approached, he decided quickly to submerge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home