Kayak Canoe Alabama

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Apalachee River to Causeway XXVI

Tuesday, December 28, 2004 brint.adams@us.army.mil

Just another day in paradise! I put in at the old Riverdoc's parking lot at 2:30 PM under mostly clear skies, no wind and a temperature of 65 degrees. The tide was rising and flowing pretty good.

As usual, my first leg was eastbound past the restaurants to the Apalachee River in 8:38. After a pause, I headed back and my time passing the parking lot was 15:37. The water was still very low from the low tide as well as the bay not having recovered yet from the several days of north winds which emptied it out. I had to be careful to stick right with the passage or risk getting into the mud flats.

I reached the turnaround in 32:31, where I stopped again and took a long drink between the interstate bridges. I cranked it back up and made it back to the lot in a total time of 52:23.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home