Kayak Canoe Alabama

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Apalachee River to Causeway 2005 XXIV

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 brint.adams@us.army.mil

At noon, the weather report was not promising and the north wind had the bay kicked up pretty good. But, by late afternoon, the sky cleared and the wind died down, so I had ideal conditions. At 5:00 PM, there was no wind, 75 degrees and high water which was just starting to recede. As I started out down Pass Picada, there was still a little residual from the north wind pushing me to go along with the falling tide. Due to those conditions, I had a quick time of 6:21 at the Apalachee River turnaround. On the way back, I hit 15:47 at the parking lot on the way past the Causeway.

The bay continued to calm, making it easier to get into a good paddle rhythm, as I came into the Interstate bridges turnaround in 33:37. After a very quick break, I got back into high gear and with a fast stroke turnover, made it back to the parking lot finish in 49:34. This was a satisfying time, as I broke the 50 minute barrier without any pacing help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home