Kayak Canoe Alabama

Friday, July 23, 2004

Apalachee River to Causeway II

Thursday, July 22, 2004 brint.adams@us.army.mil

It is good to be back on the water again!

The week and a half in Sacramento officiating at the U.S. Olympic Team Trials Track & Field was a great experience and I would not trade it away for anything. I was able to run a 10K each morning along the American River on Sacramento's great rails to trails system. At various times, I was able to see a coyote, several long-eared jackrabbits and an osprey catching a fish from the river. The track meet was awesome and the whole experience was all good!

Back to kayaking... After a two-week layoff, I got back on the water for a five-mile sprint workout and left my watch at home. It was a hard workout, but probably not as fast as I would have gone with the watch running. The water was fairly calm and the current was not running fast in either direction. So, I had a pretty uneventful but successful paddle.

By the way, I had successful orthroscopic surgery on my right knee two days ago, to clean up a cartilage tear. So, I felt pretty good paddling, considering the stitches still in the knee with the swelling pretty well gone already. It is amazing how far knee surgery has come by now and how minimal the invasiveness and quick the recovery is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home