Kayak Canoe Alabama

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Apalachee River to Causeway V

Wednesday, August 4, 2004 brint.adams@us.army.mil

It was another beautiful summer afternoon for a paddle workout. There was no wind, a falling tide and about 85 degrees. My gator friend was there to greet me at the Riverdocs put-in on the Causeway. I took off eastbound on Pass Picada and soon became the attraction for about 15 small kids out on the pier behind Blue Gill's. The turn at Apalachee came in 7:39 with the following current, and back to Riverdoc's in 16:46 against the current.

The run out further west took me past a few fishermen along the Causeway at the culverts and the remainder to Exxon went faster with the reverse and following current in 36:26. I hit it hard on the return and a final kick with the following from the culverts to Riverdoc's, finished in a new PR of 54:43. My gator buddy was waiting patiently for me to return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home