Kayak Canoe Alabama

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Apalachee River to Causeway X

Thursday, August 26, 2004 brint.adams@us.army.mil

The conditions were pretty good for a fast paddle on a hot and muggy night in the delta. I put in at Riverdoc's at 6:05 PM with a breeze coming out of the south, 92 degrees, cloudy, humid, thunder off to the north and a falling tide. I headed east past the restaurants and heard a little live music on the Blue Gill's deck as I passed, making the Apalachee River in 6:55 with the current. My return against the current brought me past Riverdoc's in 14:55, as I continued on towards the Causeway. There were only a couple of fishermen, who barely looked up as I passed by. I made it to my turnaround in 32:50, which seemed slow at the time, as I thought it over while taking a short water break.

My return was decent, although I felt I could have expended a little more effort, as I made it back to Riverdoc's in 50:07. Since I was in the new kayak for only the second time, this was a new PR for the course. The new kayak is feeling great as I am getting more used to it and paddling fast in it. It will be a whole new learning set, when I get into some chop or out into the Gulf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home