Kayak Canoe Alabama

Saturday, August 07, 2004

Pass Picada workout

Friday, August 6, 2004 brint.adams@us.army.mil

I was under a tight time constraint to get home for another commitment, so I had to shorten my speed workout last night. The temperature was decent in the mid-80's, but there was a stiff breeze coming out of the north, with a rising tide. So, I opted to do a double loop of Pass Picada from Riverdoc's to the Apalachee River. I took off at race pace and headed for the north shore so I could duck behind the tall grasses and out of the wind. This worked well, as the water was very calm and I was able to get some good rhythm and speed going. I made it down to the Apalachee turnaround in 7:45 and back along the north shore across from Riverdoc's in 16:30.

The second lap went even quicker as I made it to Apalachee in 23:58 and finished up back at Riverdoc's in 32:30. I figure the course was in the range of 3 miles or a little longer. When I pulled back in to the ramp, there was my gator buddy waiting patiently for me to return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home