Kayak Canoe Alabama

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Apalachee River to Causeway XXVII

Wednesday, December 29, 2004 brint.adams@us.army.mil

It was even warmer today at 71 degrees, with partly cloudy skies, a slight southerly breeze and a low but rising tide. I arrived at the old Riverdoc's parking lot to see a man bird-watching with his binoculars. He came over as I was putting in, and said a gator was hanging around nearby, and asked if they ever bothered me. I said not usually, and that I was surprised to hear he saw one this time of year.

I started out heading east, and pushed hard against the current, to arrive at the Apalachee in 9:04. Following the turn, I passed the parking lot in 15:39 and continued to paddle hard past the Causeway, with one lonely fisherman lazily enjoying the beautifully warm afternoon. I made the turnaround in 32:29 and stopped for a couple of minutes. I wanted to try and best yesterday's time, so I hit it hard on the way back, reaching the parking lot in 52:17. I never saw the phantom gator, but it was such a great day for a paddle, it did not matter.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:19 AM, Blogger Manish Batra said…

    Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
    Patella Brace

    Keep Posting:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home