Kayak Canoe Alabama

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Apalachee River to Causeway 2005 IX

Sunday, February 20, 2005 brint.adams@us.army.mil

This morning was almost a repeat of yesterday afternoon. I put in at 9:00 AM with a southeasterly breeze, 68 degrees and a rising tide. One difference was it was just past low tide, so the current was not moving very fast, as opposed to when paddling in the cycle halfway between low and high tides.

So, with similar effort, I made the first turnaround in 8:29 and back past the parking lot in 15:45. There were several fishermen working the Causeway drainage culverts as I passed and headed along the lower end of Chacaloochee Bay. With the water very low, I had to make sure I stayed within the channel markers, so as not slow down in the shallows. I made the turnaround between the Interstate bridges in 33:15.

My return was strong, even though I finished in 52:08. The difference was I had just ridden a hard road bike sprint workout just before loading up and getting in the water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home