Kayak Canoe Alabama

Friday, January 21, 2005

Apalachee River to Causeway 2005 IV

Friday, January 21, 2005 brint.adams@us.army.mil

It was such a beautiful day today, I had to take off early and head to the bay for some TGIF paddling. I arrived at the old Riverdoc's parking lot at around 3:45 PM under sunny skies, 71 degrees, a slight breeze with a high and still rising tide.

Since I started out east on Pass Picada against the rising tide, I made the turn at the Apalachee in 8:48. There was little activity around the restaurants and bars, only a few Cormorants and Snowy Egrets. As I passed the parking lot on the return, my time was 15:45. There was barely a ripple as I headed on towards the Causeway, where there were several fishermen around the drainage culverts. I arrived at the turnaround under the Interstate bridges in 32:01 and stopped for drink.

As the sun started to set behind me, I headed back, making it to the lot in a total time of 50:21. The early exit from the office was well worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home