Kayak Canoe Alabama

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Apalachee River to Causeway 2005 XLIV

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 brint.adams@us.army.mil

I changed my plans this week a little, as I will be traveling to Atlanta tomorrow afternoon and will not be able to do a normal Thursday paddle workout with Roland. So, I came out tonight instead and started at 5:25 PM under clear skies, hot and humid 88 degrees, a light breeze out of the southeast, with a low water level and still falling tide. There was the same fearless young gator waiting for me again.

At this time of the month there was very little change in tide levels, so it did not have much affect on my times. Actually, the slight breeze probably affected me more, as I paddled east to the Apalachee River in 7:50. On the way back, I past the parking lot in 15:17 on the way to the Causeway and on to the bridge turnaround in 32:27.

My trip back was still pretty quick considering the crippling heat and humidity, as I finished in 49:48.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home