Kayak Canoe Alabama

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Apalachee River to Causeway 2005 LXVIII

Saturday, September 17, 2005 brint.adams@us.army.mil

What a difference a day and a half makes. I put in at 6:30 AM with the sun just coming up and still only 78 degrees. The sky was clear with no wind and the water surface like glass. The water was at mid-level again, but the tide was supposed to be rising. It did not seem to be moving much and, in fact, my time supposedly going against the tide to the Apalachee River was 7:31 and on the way back with it, my time was 15:31.

The main thing for me was I was maintaining a 6.0 mph pace overall, which is really what I was looking for. I made the bridges turn in 32:44 and thought I had a good chance to break 50 minutes, which was my post-Hattiesburg layoff goal. So, I pushed the last leg hard at 6.1 mph and was happy to hit the finish line in 49:40, for an overall pace of 6.0 mph. It felt great to know I am back to where I want to be, heading into the race.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home