Kayak Canoe Alabama

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Apalachee River to Causeway 2005 LXXXIII

Sunday, November 13, 2005 brint.adams@us.army.mil

I arrived and put in at 8:25 AM with the water level low but starting to rise. The temperature was 65 degrees, no wind and partly cloudy skies. Somehow, I left my wing paddle at home, so I had to break out my older carbon Werner. It felt pretty good, so this would be a good test to see if there is much time difference in paddles.

I made the first turn in 8:00 against the current and back again 15:32. I was able to maintain pretty good form and cadence, making the bridge turn in 33:12. With the current at my back for the most part on the return, I was able close with an overall 50:07, which was pretty comparable to recent workouts, but still a minute slower than Thursday night. So, it was still hard to tell if there was a minute spread between paddles or something less. I will have to give it a few more test paddles to make sure.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger brint said…

    I was using a Seda Glider - 19' kevlar.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home