Kayak Canoe Alabama

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Bay Minette Creek 6 mi.

Saturday, December 10, 2005 brint.adams@us.army.mil

This morning was probably the coldest of this season so far, at 32 degrees. I put in at the Bromley Bridge at 7:42 AM under partly cloudy skies, no wind and close to low tide. I don't know if it was from probably dressing too warmly or with gloves on or what, but I apparently just could not get into a good rhythm, pace, etc. as I was just a little slow the whole way.

The winter scenery was beautiful with a light misty fog hanging over the water. On the way downstream, I could only hit 9:49, 9:39 and 9:29 mile splits. On the return, splits were 9:42, 10:04 and 10:25 for a total of 59:15 over the six mile course. I am not complaining at all, as I was just grateful to be able to get out on the water, while a good part of the country is buried under a winter snowstorm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home