Kayak Canoe Alabama

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Chacaloochee Bay

Saturday, September 25, 2004 brint.adams@us.army.mil

I arrived at the old Riverdoc's parking lot and put in at 7:10 AM under clear skies, 72 degrees, slight breeze out of the NE, with a close to peaking, but still rising tide. My plan was to paddle ten miles following a course up Conway Creek to down the Tensaw River and back east to my put-in.

I started out heading east on Pass Picada to the restaurants, turned around and back to add a mile at the start. I turned up into Chacaloochee Bay and intended to turn right up Conway Creek. Somehow, I didn't think I was in the right place and thought I needed to go further north, so I passed up the turn and instead went up to the north end of the Bay. I stopped for a drink at 46:00 and came straight back hard to Riverdoc's, again turned east on Pass Picada to Blue Gill's, turned around and followed my normal course to the Causeway and Interstate bridges.

I wasn't sure how many miles I was covering, but just wanted to get close to two hours of paddling in. I made it to the turnaround in 1:48, stopped for a drink and pushed hard on the return, making it back in total time of 2:06:47. Once I got back, I got out my maps to see how I missed the turn to Conway and then added my mileage for the modified trip and came up with about 11.75 miles. I was pleased to see my pace was 10:45 per mile for the 2 hour workout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home