Kayak Canoe Alabama

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Bay Minette Creek 6 mi.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 brint.adams@us.army.mil

It was a little warmer this morning at 38 degrees, otherwise identical conditions as yesterday. I started a little earlier at 7:09 AM, just as the sun was breaking over the treeline. The mist was heavy again, hanging in over the crystal clear glass-like water conditions. As I made the s-turns heading into the sun, it was difficult to see through the mist, so I just pulled my cap down lower over my eyes.

I scared up a pair of wood ducks and spied an osprey out hunting over the water ahead. This morning, I decided to go without gloves, which meant the first half of the paddle was pretty painful as my hands got pretty cold. But, as the sun started to come up, I peeled off a layer on the return and my hands warmed up just fine.

My splits on the way down were 10:04, 9:56 and 9:22. My hands were so cold at the start, it was hard to grip and feel the paddle. But, on the return, I hit 9:34, 9:27 and 10:01 for a total 58:29 over six miles for an average speed of 6.2 mph. It doesn't get any better than this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home