Kayak Canoe Alabama

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Bay Minette Creek 6 mi.

Saturday, December 17, 2005 brint.adams@us.army.mil

This morning was pretty ugly, so I tried to reduce the effects of some of the factors by heading again for the protection of Bay Minette. By the time I arrived at the Bromley bridge at 8:00 AM, there was a light rain, a temperature of 40 degrees, but fortunately no wind. I decided to go with a longsleeve capilene, shell and no gloves.

The waterfowl were noticeably absent, as they were probably a little smarter than me. I did scare up a pair of wood ducks, but that was about it. On the way downstream, I hit mile splits of 9:32, 9:31 and 9:20. At the turnaround, the rain stopped, so I stripped off the shell for the return run. My splits were 9:43, 9:40 and 10:17 for a total of 58:05 for an average speed of 6.2 mph.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home