Kayak Canoe Alabama

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Apalachee River to Tensaw River 2006 VI

Sunday, February 5, 2006 brint.adams@us.army.mil

Super Bowl Sunday started out pretty cool down on the bay. At 7:30 AM, it was only 40 degrees and sunny with a 15 knot northerly breeze. It was just past low tide and with the north wind blowing the water out of the bay, the water level was very low. It was not the lowest I have seen, so I was still able to get out and away from Riverdocs launch area.

I am not sure what I was thinking about, since I left both my watch and Forerunner at home. So, I was off on my usual six mile course, just guessing on times. I passed the Bluegill Restaurant, which is putting on the finishing touches and should be ready to open next weekend. There was not much else going on, as I fought my way through a pretty good chop the whole course. Without a watch to keep me motivated, I know I was paddling at only about 80% effort, which was still a pretty good workout, but not at maximum. I even wore gloves, but was glad to have them as the wind still kept my hands frozen most of the way. I would guess my overall time was in the 1:04 range.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home