Kayak Canoe Alabama

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Apalachee River to Causeway 2005 I

Sunday, January 2, 2005 brint.adams@us.army.mil

The weather is almost unbelievable, but I am not complaining. I started out the new year with a paddle this morning at 10:30 AM, a temperature of 72 degrees, no clouds, no wind and a low, but still falling tide.

There were plenty of fishermen, both on the banks and out in boats this morning, as well as some hunters zipping around in their camo boats. I headed east past the restaurants at a good, but not killer pace, and made the Apalachee turn in 7:21. As I came back past the parking lot, I noticed my time was 15:30, so even at a less than full-bore pace, I was moving along pretty well. As I passed the Causeway, there were several fishermen as well as alot of traffic, especially motorcycles out for a morning spin in the sunshine.

I headed for the Interstate bridges and made the turn in 33:00. After a short break under the north side bridge to stay out of the sun, I picked it up a little on the way back. I hit the finish in 50:21, which was pretty respectable and a good start for 2005.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home