Kayak Canoe Alabama

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Bay Minette Creek 6 mi.

Saturday, November 19, 2005 brint.adams@us.army.mil

With a stiff northerly wind coming down with the cold front, I opted to paddle with the protection of the upper section of Bay Minette Creek. I put in at the Bromley Bridge at 8:12 AM, with a beautiful sunrise spilling through the woods. The water level was down due to the north wind keeping the bay level down, but it was very clear and calm. The temperature was 40 degrees, perfect for a hard workout.

I set up a couple of new options on my Forerunner 201 to spice up the personal competition. I have the capability to race against a virtual partner, which I set up for six miles and one hour. So, I started out fast and tried to keep the pace going as fast as possible the whole way. There were a few kids out fishing in their backyards along the section with a subdivision backing up to the creek. I also automatically marked one mile splits, which were 9:46, 9:36 and 9:18 at the three mile turnaround.

On the way back, I passed a couple of fishing boats, one with a couple of dalmations aboard. The fishermen were all bundled up as I flew by in my t-shirt and shorts. My splits on the return were 10:06, 10:03 and 10:19 for a total of 59:11. So, this time I beat my virtual opponent. Next time, I will lower his time to make it a little tougher competition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home