Kayak Canoe Alabama

Monday, January 03, 2005

Apalachee River to Causeway 2005 II

Monday, January 3, 2005 brint.adams@us.army.mil

Just another day in paradise! I started out at 9:15 AM under clear skies with a temperature of 65 degrees, a slight breeze out of the southeast and a low, still falling tide. The egrets, herons, ibis, cormorants and pelicans were all out in full force to greet me.

With such an uplifting morning, I decided to really go for it and hit it hard from the start down to the Apalachee in 7:47. My time as I passed the parking lot on the return was 15:41, as I headed for the Causeway with the breeze to my back. Several fishermen were there to greet me as I turned towards the bridges and my turnaround point in 32:57. After a short water break, while hiding under the bridge and out of the sun, I really cranked it up on the return and made it back to the lot in total time of 50:24. I guess the extra effort over yesterday's paddle was needed just to get close to the same time, due to the breeze today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home