Kayak Canoe Alabama

Friday, December 23, 2005

Bay Minette Creek 6 mi.

Thursday, December 22, 2005 brint.adams@us.army.mil

More perfect paddling workout conditions again tonight. Now that we are a day after the winter solstice, the days will start to lengthen once again. We also have neap tides and no wind, so there is very little water movement. At 4:00 PM it was 52 degrees, so I couldn't ask for more.

Bay Minette Creek water was very clear, cool and flat as I felt very good getting into a strong even rhythm from the start. I made some good turns in the tight first half mile, minimizing the slowdowns, which got me off to good start. I had my virtual 'Roland' partner set at only 6 mph, so I was able to monitor how much I was continuing to pull away from him and new I had a chance for some good splits. On the way downstream, I hit miles of 9:33, 9:16 and 9:12. On the return, I hit 9:18, 9:21 and 9:46 for a total six mile time of 56:28 at 6.4 mph for a new PR!

As the light started to fade, I followed a great blue heron upstream as he stopped around every turn, waiting for me to catch up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home