Kayak Canoe Alabama

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Apalachee River to Tensaw River 2006 VII

Tuesday, February 7, 2006 brint.adams@us.army.mil

This afternoon was a warm 60 degrees, but blustery with a 10-15 knot north wind kicking up the Chacaloochee Bay. I decided at the last minute to try my Causeway course even with the wind, to get in a little rough water workout. The water level was fairly low due to the north wind, even though the tide was rising and almost at high tide. For the first time in about forever, I even put on a sprayskirt, to keep out the waves that were lapping over the bow.

My first leg was a slow 9:18 down to the Apalachee and on the return heading west, my mile splits were 8:24, 9:25 and 11:35. On the way back, my splits were 8:48, 11:19 and a six mile finish time of 1:01:21 at 5.9 mph. What a difference the wind and chop makes in time and performance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home