Kayak Canoe Alabama

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Bay Minette Creek 6 mi.

Saturday, February 11, 2006 brint.adams@us.army.mil

It was even chillier and breezier this morning, so Ken and I headed for Bay Minette Creek to try and find some shelter from the wind. At 8:10 AM, it was still only 40 degrees, but at least the water was up and protected. Ken explored the upper end, while I hit it hard on my regular course. There was not much happening out on the water, as all sane life was tucked away out of the wind and cold, leaving me out by my lonesome.

On the way downstream, I tried to get warmed up and loose, but my fingers still numbed-out on me. My splits were a consistent 9:17, 9:22 and 9:14, while on the return I hit 9:54, 9:56 and 10:12 for a good total of 57:58 at 6.2 mph. Ken enjoyed the different scenery and kept warm, including gloves, which I should have worn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home