Kayak Canoe Alabama

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Bay Minette Creek 6 mi.

Sunday, February 12, 2006 brint.adams@us.army.mil

We had a great family reunion at Felix's last night for Mom's 80th birthday. This morning was still chilly, so we waited a little while and this time I took Barb out for a nice morning paddle on the upper end of Bay Minette Creek. We arrived and put in at 10:30 AM, with calm winds, 45 degrees and clear skies. Again, Barb explored the upper end while I paddled down and back on my regular six mile course.

With a little warmer temperature, I seemed to move a little better around the upper tight turns. My downstream splits were 9:29, 9:22 and 9:17. On the return I paddled 9:32, 9:47 and 10:15 for a better total of 57:44, still at 6.2 mph. It was really great to be able to let Barb and Ken experience a little different kind of paddling environment than the Pacific NW they are accustomed to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home