Kayak Canoe Alabama

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Apalachee River to Tensaw River 2006 XI

Sunday, February 19, 2006 brint.adams@us.army.mil

It was another chilly, breezy morning, but I wanted to check out the bay, so I went for it anyway. The north wind over the last couple of days kept the water level down pretty low, but there was enough to get away from the Riverdocs launch area. At 8:45 AM, it was only 39 degrees with about a 10 knot northerly wind and a rising tide.

There were no boats, fishermen or even any shore birds out to greet me this morning, so I just crouched forward and got into the workout. On the way east on Pass Picada, I was only able to make 8:16 and back in 7:00. The lower bay chop was considerably worse than yesterday and slowed me down. My splits on the way west were 9:15, 9:50 and 10:42. On the return, I hit 9:25, 11:27 and finished in a tough 1:01:24. What a difference a day makes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home