Kayak Canoe Alabama

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Apalachee River to Tensaw River 2006 XII

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 brint.adams@us.army.mil

For the open bay along the Causeway, tonight I had almost ideal conditions with 10 mph south winds, 60 degrees, cloudy, medium water level and a rising tide. I didn't really know how good the conditions were until I was well into the paddle. It started off normally with a relatively slow 8:05 time to the Apalachee, against the current. On the return, I hit some pretty good splits of 8:43, 9:33 and 9:30 to the Tensaw turnaround. There was no turbulence around the culverts and no boat traffic between the Interstate bridges.

On the way back, I was able to maintain a 9:50, 9:54 and come in with a new course PR of 57:51, without the help of Roland out front pulling me along. Who knows, maybe I do better on my own without the pressure of trying to hang on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home