Kayak Canoe Alabama

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Bay Minette Creek 6 mi.

Sunday, February 26, 2006 brint.adams@us.army.mil

Today is absolutely beautiful, clear and sunny after the thunderstorms cleared out last night. The temperature dropped to about 45 degrees at 9:00 AM. The wind was still up to about 10-15 knots with low tides, so I headed for my safe spot on Bay Minette Creek. The water level was down some, but running fast from yesterday's runoff.

I jumped right in and set my Forerunner for my virtual partner "Roland" and took off downstream. There was not much activity in the upper sections, except for a couple of GBH's, who led my way. The wind was not much of a factor, as I hit splits of 8:54, 9:09 and 9:01 to the turnaround. As I came around the bend, there were three fishing boats working the shoreline in a fairly confined area.

I turned and started back, to find the wind in my face and trying to stay out of the newly found current. I chased the same GBH for about a mile on the way back up as well. My times slacked off considerably, with splits of 10:03, 10:08 and 11:14 for a total run of 58:36. I do love that flat water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home