Kayak Canoe Alabama

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Bay Minette Creek 6 mi.

Thursday, January 5, 2006 brint.adams@us.army.mil

For the first time in a couple of weeks, Roland and I were able to hook up for a workout. It was fairly windy out on the bay, so we put in on the sheltered upper end of Bay Minette. We put in at 4:20 PM as the sun was getting ready to set with a still warm 66 degrees and no effects from the breeze. Roland had not paddled for two weeks and wasn't expecting much, but when we hit the water, he pushed it out fast and I did all I could to try and keep up.

Our splits on the way out were 9:20, 9:10 and 9:17. In the last mile, I finally pulled even and slightly ahead, making the turn about 15 seconds in front. On the return, as daylight started to fade, Roland really put it into high gear and maintained about a 5-15 second lead on me the whole way back. The weather really cooperated giving us ideal conditions for a really fast paddle. Our return splits were 9:21, 9:28 and 9:48 for a total time of 56:28 at 6.4 mph. This matched my 12/22/05 PR for the course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home