Kayak Canoe Alabama

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Apalachee River to Tensaw River 2006 XVII

Tuesday, March 7, 2006 brint.adams@us.army.mil

Tonight was great weather once again for a fast paddle. At 5:15 PM, under partly cloudy skies and 68 degrees, there was a slight south breeze with a full pool and still rising tide. There were plenty of helicopters and rescue boats all around the area, looking for the three missing fishermen. They didn't bother me, but were certainly visible. So, the atmosphere was electric, which got me stoked for a fast paddle.

I made the Apalachee turn in 8:08 and back in 6:50. There was no chop and with high water I was able concentrate on form and not worry about getting into shallow mud flats. My mile splits heading west were 8:48, 9:11 and 9:56. On the return, I hit 9:20, 9:41 and finished in a total of 57:22 at 6.3 mph.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home