Kayak Canoe Alabama

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Apalachee River to Tensaw River 2006 XXIX

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 brint.adams@us.army.mil

This was my last paddle training day before the BluzCruz race on April 22nd. First, we are off to Knoxville for the weekend and then I travel to Orlando next week, before returning in time to make the drive over to Vicksburg, MS for the race. The weather was pretty good at 6:00 PM, 72 degrees, partly cloudy, south wind at 10 knots with a falling tide.

I forgot my Forerunner GPS tonight, so it was strictly a mental thing to push as hard as possible for the whole six mile distance. There were a couple of cormorants out fishing, but most of the shorebirds had flown further north into the delta to their evening roosts. A few kids came out on the walkway off of Bluegill's back deck to wave as I paddled by. Then it was off to the open Chacaloochee Bay by myself.

This will be one of the last times I paddle along this course, now that we are moving to Orlando, and I will miss it. I pushed myself as hard as I could and am pretty sure I broke just under the 1:00:00 mark. So, now it will be some cross-training for a week leading into the BluzCruz.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like the way you handle your rig

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love it when you push it hard.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home