Kayak Canoe Alabama

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Apalachee River to Causeway 2006 II

Thursday, March 16, 2006 brint.adams@us.army.mil

Tonight was alot better for paddling with the wind changing around to southerly. Roland and I put in at 4:40 PM with cloudy skies, 68 degrees, medium pool level and a falling tide. We decided to do the five mile course and Roland got away quickly. I hung with him on the first leg, which we turned in 6:41. On the way back against the current, I hit 11:09 and 10:48 splits, while Roland really took off and left me. As soon as I got to the bridge turnaround, Roland was through waiting and took off right away. I took a drink and checked my watch to see the half mile split was 4:46, before I turned and tried valiantly to make up some ground.

Roland was too good today, further increasing the gap between us. My split on the return was 10:19, with a total five mile time of 50:10. I accused Roland of sandbagging his training or that he was just better with a two week layoff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home