Kayak Canoe Alabama

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Apalachee River to Tensaw River 2006 XIX

Sunday, March 12, 2006 brint.adams@us.army.mil

The wind died down completely from yesterday, leaving the bay relatively flat this morning. There was still a pretty quickly receding tide and at 7:30 AM, under sunny skies, it was already 76 degrees. I got off to a fast start, tracking right down the center of Pass Picada to take advantage of the current. I made the Apalachee River turn in 6:56 and back in 15:08, passing a leisurely paddling single kayaker.

I pushed on by with only a nod and on to the Causeway, between the bridges and to the Tensaw River. My splits were 10:13, 9:58 and 8:51. On the way back, the sun was a little higher and hotter, so I ducked in under one of the Interstate bridges for as far as I could, before cutting back out into Chacalooche Bay. A Sheriff's Deputy boat pulled slowly past me as they were still searching for the third (last) missing fisherman from last week's tragedy. My return splits were 10:39 and 9:50 with a total time of 58:26 at 6.2 mph.

(Later note: the last of the three fishermen came to the surface on the Blakeley River sometime Sunday, so all have been recovered. I am not sure if they are going to try and locate the boat or not).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home